Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Personal Sketches in my Collection

Before I overdose on "Dolls," thought I'd take a wee break and post images of the five Travilla sketches I have in my personal collection. Though purchased separately, four of the five are from one year - 1954.


Katy Jurado in "Broken Lance." My first purchase. Travilla's artistry and attention to detail makes this one of my favorite pieces.


Richard Burton in "Rains of Ranchipur." Love the nehru collar on the doctor's shirt.


 A fashion sketch showing a green non-beaded version of the costume worn by Marilyn Monroe in the finale of "No Business Like Show Business."


The only picture that Travilla worked on set in Egypt was "Princess of the Nile," starring Debra Paget, but she doesn't wear anything similar in the entire film. However, Jean Simmons was starring in "The Egyptian" and though Charles LeMaire was credited as Wardrobe Director, Travilla could've possibly created a few of the costumes.


Paul Newman in 1970's "WUSA.:" Found this one eBay attributed to Edith Head, but recognizing the vertical rectangle found on others from the film in the Estate Archives, I immediately knew who it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment